Your questions answered.
- We always suggest beginning with a brief (up to one hour) phone or video consultation (which you can book online). This is to make sure we're a good fit for working together and go over any questions you may have.
- Once we decide we're the right company to help you accomplish your marketing goals the process varies depending on what it is we're doing for you. For a corporate branding or website project we'll have you complete a questionnaire followed by an interview via video conferencing to help us get "in your headspace". For a video or other marketing project we'll have a video meeting to discuss and plan the project.
- We have simple contracts that spell out exactly what you'll pay and what and when we'll deliver. We always ask for a 50% deposit, with the remainder due in tranches according to milestones that are met. In the case of Website-as-a-Service plans, you will create a user account and register a credit card to use for the monthly subscription. We'll charge the first month's payment when we begin building your site.
We know can be daunting to find the right marketing agency and investing a lot of money in activities that can make or break your business. We pride ourselves on not just designing great brands and building effective websites, but building collaborative client relationships that we maintain well after launch.
We place tremendous emphasis on outstanding, old-fashioned, "customer-is-king" customer service. Not just the basics like responsiveness, empathy, setting expectations, using non-computer-nerd language. Our clients are always thrilled with the results we deliver. But don't just take our word for it.
Here are 5 good reasons:
- You can talk to us. We have experience from the C-level of large companies, to various startups we’ve been involved with in the past 25 years. We’re pretty down-to-earth and easy to talk to. We listen, and we like to get to the point, focusing on your goals and understanding any barriers in the way.
- We focus on innovative small businesses. We’re one too, and we understand the challenges of competing with larger budgets. Frankly, we continually think like a startup, and we’re skilled at stretching dollars to the max.
- Low overhead. We have no rent or monthly expenses because our team is distributed geographically, working out of home offices. We utilize technology to work together efficiently as if we were in the same office.
- Multi-disciplined marketing. Your brand is the foundation of any marketing strategy. We’ve spent years getting into the DNA of brands, simplifying, clarifying and reinforcing its message: the promise to deliver a unique and consistent experience to your customer. Working with a company that does only websites or only videos means your website or video may be technically solid, but will be lacking in subtle ways that fail to tie it into your overall branding (as a result it can erode customer trust in you and impart the feeling that you're not completely in control or capable of handling their business).
- Usability / user interaction design. Beyond what your message is, many ignore the importance of how your message is communicated. Someone experienced in user experience design must be well versed in aspects that are obvious (like fonts, colours, images) and those that are not (like layout, organization of content, visual cues). We have over 20 years of experience in interaction design, so we know how to make your message easy to communicate, a pleasure to receive, and how to make it sink in. Our Website-as-a-Service plans cover not only basic testing and quality assurance checking (for bugs, obvious issues) but also a full usability review. Very few companies go the extra mile to spend the time on this.
And if you're still on the edge, see what other clients say about us!
There are the obvious benefits that come with our Website-as-a-Service all-inclusive plan that scales as your business grows, takes care of everything related to your website and doesn't require a huge capital expenditure. Beyond that, it's our experience in many aspects of traditional and digital marketing that give us an edge. Especially when it comes to copywriting, and distilling complex messaging down to its simplest form so it's easily digestible and highly impactful.
Copywriting is an essential element of effective marketing. It’s the art and science of strategically delivering words to get customers to take action.
When we create your website, we don't require you to supply all content and take it verbatim as we build it into your website. Rather, we become your in-house marketing consultants, helping you tell your story with over 25 years of branding and copyrighting experience. You supply the core story elements (we'll help by extracting it from you and your team) and we'll shape it into hard-hitting content that will help you get the results you're looking for.
Having this multi-disciplined experience is what you get with an agency rather than a freelancer. As a "virtual agency" we provide this, but without the expensive overhead of an agency, which gets our customers great bang-for-the-buck.