The Infinite Monkeys Branding Package
Developing a professional brand is a long-term investment. Because your brand affects how prospects perceive you, and is echoed in every bit of marketing you do from your website to social media to email campaigns, a rock-solid brand that positions you as a leader will pay dividends for years, especially as new competitors enter your space.
An Infinite Number of Monkeys designs and develops corporate identities for clients across a range of industries. Our new branding projects are generally split 50/50 between startups that want a impressive brand for the next several years, and mature companies that are either unhappy with their existing brand or in need of a change to keep up with new business directions or the changing times.
Our customers are always delighted with the work we do, because unlike most creative marketing companies that do branding work, we don't limit the number of designs we'll create and force you to like something we've created. We'll keep working until the design that we've created is absolutely perfect. While this may seem like a great way to erode all profits from a job, we've been doing this for long enough that we're confident we can develop the right brand even giving our client this flexibility.
We do charge a little more than some other branding firms, but clients say eliminating the risk is completely worth it. In the past I've experienced working with branding firms whose designs, despite being quite costly, were very good but not "perfect". With additional revisions they maybe could have gotten there, but they would have charged more money for every revision requested. In cases where I felt they completely missed the mark (this does happen because it's very difficult for anyone other than the business owner to fully grasp the true essence of the company and it's vision) asking them to start from scratch or try a totally different direction is usually not an option. An initial set of 3 designs, with up to 2 revisions on one of those is quite typical in the business. That's not how we roll.
We work very closely with you in order to "get in your head" and fully understand your company and your goals. We don't quit until we've got it right and you're absolutely delighted. Here's a rough outline of our process:
- We’ll provide you an on-line questionnaire that helps establish a basic framework for the project, uncovering some basic objectives, what you like, what you don't like, and that points us in the right direction.
- We'll then have a 30-minute to 1-hour online video consultation where we'll use the information you've provided (including the questionnaire) and dig deeper into what would make the ideal brand.
- Next we'll work on developing 3-5 foundation designs, which we'll present to you (typically in 5-7 days). We'll ask you to digest them for a couple days. You may say you love them all, or that you don't like any of them—both are perfectly fine responses. Usually you'll like some elements from some or all of them but don't consider any are final.
- We'll take your feedback, and have additional video consultations as needed, and keep iterating with additional rounds of design proposals. We'll do this until we've nailed it and you have "the one" that you love. There's no limit to many iterations we'll do. We've done as few as 3 rounds, and as many as 12. We don't stop until you're delighted.
- The final brand work deliverables include:
- Logo in raster and vector formats so you have what you need for all mediums (web, email signature, social media, printed document, large poster, etc.). Each logo will include full colour, greyscale, monochrome and reverse variants, each with and without transparent background.
- A tagline—that all-important distillation of your identity and value to your customer in text, and logo file variations with the tagline integrated.
- A branding style guide document (here's an example), which is invaluable as a guide to using your brand consistently for good brand reinforcement—not just you, but future employees, partners, suppliers, etc.
- Instructions on where to get and how to use the fonts chosen to complement your brand. If the fonts used are free, we'll give you the font files that you can install on your computers.
- A social media kit with various graphics sized appropriately for popular social media sites.
- Print-ready artwork for business cards.
- A live design of a website home page (above-the-fold content only) fully utilizing the new brand. You can use this as inspiration, or use it to actually develop a new website.
- Digital letterhead template in your choice of software (Word, Pages, etc.)
Because the number of iterations is variable we can’t provide a guaranteed completion date, but what we do promise is a maximum of 8 business days to arrive at the initial set of designs, and no more than 5 business days for successive design iterations. Usually we deliver faster than this.